Please note that due to unforseen circumstances our...
As the state registering agent for family child care in Somerset and Middlesex Counties, Community Child Care Solutions provides training and technical assistance to family child care providers and are responsible for the monitoring of family child care homes.
A registered family child care provider can care for up to five day care children at one time in the provider’s home. A provider must demonstrate an ability to work positively with children and to manage an informal program for children of varying ages. A registered provider is entitled to free referrals and technical assistance. In order to become a NJ state registered provider, one must complete the following five steps:
- Attend a 2 hour orientation. At the orientation, you will be given the application packet and a copy of the Manual of Requirements for Family Child Care Registration. To register for orientation please call the County office in which you reside. (Middlesex or Somerset)
- Register for and attend an 10 hours of Health and Safety trainings and 6 hours of CPR/First Aid. The Health and Safety training covers child development, identifying child abuse and neglect, mandated reporting and health and safety basics.
- Submit an application along with two character references; results of a medical examination and tuberculin Mantoux test for yourself. Submit disclosures of any criminal convictions and consent forms for child abuse record information for you as well as anyone living in your home who is at least 14 years of age.
- Allow a complete safety inspection of your home, which includes a review of the numbers and ages of the children in care. Technical assistance will be furnished to the provider regarding health, safety, program activities, nutrition, supervision, discipline, record keeping and communicating with parents.
- Submit a $25.00 registration fee.